“Regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value. Education can, alone, cause it to reveal its treasures, and enable mankind to benefit therefrom.” – Bahá’u’lláh
The Bahá’ís of Calderdale have been invited to a number of schools across West Yorkshire to take assemblies and to present material for school classes. Our contributions have been very well received by teachers and children alike.
We are happy to support activities and events in schools. Our volunteers for schools are all CRB checked and some have formal teaching experience. We can offer talks or presentation displays about the Bahá’í Faith, as well as more interactive sessions making creative use of both arts and music elements.
We have the following kinds of material (please note this list is not exhaustive, please contact us if you have a specific activity/theme in mind):
- Basic concepts of the Bahá’í Faith (e.g. unity of God, of religion, and of humankind);
- About prayer, fasting and places of worship in the Bahá’í Faith, and where there are Bahá’ís in the world;
- Pictures, books and artefacts from the Bahá’í Faith;
- Colouring, drawing, stories, songs and word-search games involving the Bahá’í Faith and its history (e.g. large creative displays made by a whole class to illustrate a Bahá’í passage, like ‘The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens’);
- Virtues common to all religions (e.g. courtesy, creativity, enthusiasm, excellence, faithfulness, flexibility, forgiveness, friendliness, generosity, honesty, humility, kindness, love, moderation, patience, respect, responsibility, reverence, self-discipline, service, tolerance) – illustrated via games or drama skits.